Find which retreats in Thailand can help treat Candida overgrowth as part of a detox program.
Candida is a naturally occurring yeast fungus found in the human body predominantly in the mouth and intestine. In small quantities Candida is safe and causes no harm to the body. The increase of Candida yeast in the body has been found to be the cause of many illnesses and aggravating symptoms.
The cause of the overgrowth is commonly related to stress and poor lifestyle choices such as a diet high in sugar, carbohydrates and alcohol. Oral medications such as antibiotics and the oral contraceptive may also disrupt the balance of the intestinal flora resulting in the overgrowth of Candida. Candida overgrowth weakens the immune system by releasing toxic waste into the bloodstream. As the fungus begins to multiply and grow out of control, they create the toxic by-product known as acetaldehyde. This toxin is known to cause damage to the body tissues and organs and weakens the immune system and its ability to fight infection.
- Feeling tired and run down, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
- Digestive disruptions such as constipation, diarrhoea and bloating.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma or multiple sclerosis.
- Brain fog, poor concentration and memory, inability to focus, ADD and ADHD.
- Skin irritations eczema, psoriasis, hives and rashes.
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus.
- Mood swings, irritability, anxiety or depression.
- Vaginal infections, yeast infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching.
- Severe allergies or itchy ears.
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings.