Thailand has a world class reputation when it comes to detox retreats, find out why…
Firstly the cost of a detox in Thailand is exceptional and makes it one of the best value destinations on the planet.
For a moderate price, you can find yourself in a beautiful detox centre with all the facilities you could wish for. Secondly and most importantly it’s about the quality of the programmes, many have been tried and test over many years by world-class practitioners as Thailand is a Mecca for holistic health, spirituality and wellbeing.
If you’ve ever spoken to someone who’s done a retreat in Thailand the chances are that it is not their first time detoxing in Thailand and if it was, then it’s certainly not going to be their last. Be warned, it’s addictive but probably one of the few vices where you don’t have to worry about the negative consequences – get ready to look and feel healthy.
Detox retreats come in many shapes and sizes with many different options. It’s important to align your expectations with what the detox program includes. Are you looking to go all out with a maximum effect, 2-week juice fast or would a gentle raw diet detox program do the trick? With so many options available selecting a program that’s right for you can seem overwhelming, you can narrow down your choices by considering the following;
- Are you looking for an introduction to detox, a strict detox retreat or something inbetween?
- How intensely are you looking to detox?
- How long do you want to detox for?
- How strict is the programme in terms of daily routine? Are you happy to wake up at 6am and follow a strict timetable or would you prefer a more flexible schedule so you can enjoy some free time?
- Are you interested in particular complimentary treatments such as: massages, colonic irrigation, steam and sauna during your detox?
- Are you looking to partake in other activities during your stay, e.g. yoga, meditation, pranayama, Chi Kung, Tai Chi?
- Are you looking to do any particular activities outside of the detox programme? e.g. island hopping, sightseeing, snorkelling, diving?
- Are you looking for a luxury 5-star getaway or will a simple beach bungalow be up your street?