Colon cleansing has gained much popularity as a detoxing method in recent years; it was originally used by the ancient Greeks and Egyptians to maintain general health and wellbeing. Colonic cleansing uses a combination of herb-infused water or coffee injected into the anus to detach the putrefied faeces, which may attach itself to the colon wall.
It is believed that a colon obstructed by faeces will slow digestion and minimise the absorption of vitamins and minerals into the body. It may also play host to parasites and other pathogens causing an imbalance in the gut flora. People have reported an increase in general wellbeing and relief from many symptoms including IBS, gas, bloating, headaches, fatigue and irritability after a colon cleanse.
- Increases the efficiency of the digestive system, by increasing the body’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients.
- Prevents and alleviates constipation.
- Increases energy levels.
- Improves concentration.
- Assists with weight loss.
- Decreases risk of colon cancer.
- Maintains pH balance in the bloodstream.
- Improves general wellbeing.