Find retreats in Thailand that incorporate spiritual and holistic healing therapies as part of their detox and wellness program.
A holistic approach to wellness looks at incorporating all aspects of a person taking into account the synergy between body, mind, spirit and emotion. These treatments look to rebalance area to bring someone back to optimal health holistic principles consider each area interdependent and interconnected.
A holistic doctor may draw upon knowledge and techniques from various forms of health care and alternative therapies to treat a patient, as they decide which practice will produce the best results based on the individual.
Some of the core principles of holistic medicine are that unconditional love and support are incredibly powerful to the healing process and that a person is ultimately responsible for their own health and wellbeing.
A summary of the principles is as follows:
- All people have inherent power to heal themselves over time.
- A patient should be treated as a person and not as disease.
- A variety of complimentary practices and therapies can be tailored to an individual and used as a holistic process.
The understanding that the root of the condition should be sought and treated rather than taking a reactive approach to symptoms
- Other terms related to Holistic Medicine include: Alternative medicine, Complimentary medicine and Natural healing.
- Complimentary and alternative therapies include:
- Hado counseling
- Acupuncture and Acupressure
- Various types of massage therapy including (Chi….)
- Colon therapy
- Lymphatic Drainage
Yoga and meditation are often incorporated into a retreat as they can help support a holistic healing process.
To learn more about holistic medicine and its practices visit the WebMD page