Yoga and Detox Retreats – Phuket, Thailand
Phuket in a nutshell
The Andaman sea lies on the west side of the Thai peninsula and forms a stunning turquoise coastline. This is a place where you can picture perfect white sand beaches as the island has done more than its fair share in creating awareness of Thailand’s unrivalled beauty. It’s the largest island in Thailand and contains some of the most beautiful beaches. Despite its popularity, it manages to house many quiet and relatively undeveloped areas of coastline far away from the hustle and bustle of busier spots such as Patong. If you’re looking for variety then Phuket may just be one of your best options as there is plenty to see and do both on and off the island.
Why do people choose Phuket?
- Experience the wealth of bars and clubs at one of the many fashionable and trendy nightlife spots on the island
- If you love watersport’s then look no further with snorkeling, diving, surfing, yatching, kite boarding and sea kayaking all available
- If you’re looking for a luxury spa day then you can find a host of options including Bua Luang Spa, Six Senses Spa and the Hideaway Day Spa all perfect places to spend the day being pampered until your heart is content
- Get closer to nature in Sirinat National park and Khao Phra Thaew Royal Wildlife and Forest reserve where you can explore the beaches and wildlife reserve which comprises of 22 sq km of coastal land and 68 sq km of sea
- Why not explore the markets in the old town or spend the day trying your hand at Thai cooking at one of the local schools in the area
Seasonality & Weather
Technically May to October is the rainy season but don’t let this put you off as tropical downpours are short, warm and heavy to provide sweet relief from the heat of the day. December and January are by far the most popular months and are also slightly cooler times of year with pleasant temperatures throughout the day and night time.